We continue to fight for the Moratorium on Evictions and Foreclosures and you should, too. In the meantime, do not panic. Remember:
- You cannot be evicted without a decision against you from a judge and the court has to have issued an execution and you have to receive at least a 48 hour notice from a Constable.
• Nothing can happen to get you evicted without warning and without having time to act.
2. If you are pre-auction, remember that no auction can occur until there have been three weeks of advertising in a newspaper in circulation in your area. You are legally required to receive a written notice, yourself, of the auction date and time.
• AND you cannot be evicted, even if there is an auction, without #1 above.
3. You win by learning your rights and working with others.
If you have not been in touch with your local anti-foreclosure organization or the Mass Alliance Against Predatory Lending, get in touch now.There are many proactive steps that you can take.
- We continue to have more incremental wins. That means that we are winning step by step.
- What we knew to do to defend your home 6 months ago, when the COVID crisis hit, is much less than we know now.
Do not isolate. Do not panic. Do not try to act alone. Be in touch.
Victory comes when we win together.
P.S. Continue to send those emails to legislators! We still must demand this Moratorium. Not only are COVID cases rising, with many areas of the state reentering the red zone, but also compared to last April, we now have lots of school children who are not allowed to go to school and must study from a home. So we have even more reason for the moratorium now. The flu season is also coming. Adding that to the continuing COVID pandemic means that flu season may have a much more destructive impact this year.