Share with everyone you know, re-post everywhere: Facebook, etc…
MAAPL friends & members—raise your voice! Demand that the Legislature extend the COVID Emergency Moratorium on foreclosures & evictions. Keep people healthy and safe in their homes, and keep the state’s economy moving.
Even if the Moratorium expires, we need to keep speaking up and demanding it be reinstated to protect our homes, families, neighbors and communities!
Sample email text is below. Add your own story if you can. It makes a difference. With the legislators NOT in their offices, email is the most direct communication method!
The House Ways & Means member email addresses are at the bottom of this post.
Please email House Ways & Means Committee members and your own state Representative:
SUBJECT LINE: “Continue Moratorium on Foreclosures & Evictions, save homes AND lives!”
I am asking you to continue the state’s Moratorium on Foreclosures and Evictions. Pass H.5018: An Act to Guarantee Housing Stability during the COVID-19 Emergency and Recovery. Keep all foreclosure and eviction protections in the bill. More than ever, we need to protect people’s ability to remain in their homes.
Especially during this COVID emergency, people must be able to remain safe and healthy in their homes. The Moratorium has been life-saving. COVID numbers are rising again. Those most likely to die are front-line workers, people of color and seniors. Those paying on over-priced, predatory mortgage loans are even less able to afford them now. COVID has placed all at high risk of foreclosure and eviction.
Even as we are slowly getting the courts to recognize the illegality of almost all foreclosures, asking judges to spend extra time on a deluge of reopened eviction cases is unrealistic. We must protect people’s ability to hold on to their homes and health.
This is my story: [insert your personal story here]
[Insert your Name, Address and Town here]
If you do not know your own state Representative’s name and email address, you can find them at www.WhereDOIVoteMA.com.
Email Committee members individually or put this list in BCC and email all of them at once.
Email the members of the House Ways & Means Committee (www.malegislature.gov/
• Chairman Aaron Michlewitz (aaron.M.Michlewitz@mahouse.
• Vice-Chair Rep. Denise Garlick (denise.Garlick@mahouse.gov)
• Liz Malia (liz.Malia@mahouse.gov)
• Thomas Walsh (thomas.Walsh@mahouse.gov)
• Thomas Stanley (thomas.Stanley@mahouse.gov)
• James Arciero (James.Arciero@mahouse.gov)
• Brian Ashe (brian.Ashe@mahouse.gov)
• Sean Garballey (sean.Garballey@mahouse.gov)
• Carolyn Dykema (carolyn.Dykema@mahouse.gov)
• Russell Holmes (russell.Holmes@mahouse.gov)
• Paul Schmid (paul.Schmid@mahouse.gov)
• Josh Cutler (josh.Cutler@mahouse.gov)
• Carole Fiola (carole.Fiola@mahouse.gov)
• Mary Keefe (mary.Keefe@mahouse.gov)
• Jay Livingstone (jay.Livingstone@mahouse.gov)
• Alan Silvia (alan.Silvia@mahouse.gov
• Daniel Hunt (daniel.Hunt@mahouse.gov)
• Christine Barber (christine.Barber@mahouse.gov)
• Carlos Gonzalez (carlos.Gonzalez@mahouse.gov)
• Jose Tosado (jose.Tosado@mahouse.gov)
• Gerald Cassidy (gerard.Cassidy@mahouse.gov)
• John Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Natalie Higgins (natalie.Higgins@mahouse.gov)
• Brian Murray (Brian.Murray@mahouse.gov)
• Chynah Tyler (Chynah.Tyler@mahouse.gov)
• Bud Williams (bud.Williams@mahouse.gov)
• Andres Vargas (email@example.com)
• Todd Smola (Todd.Smola@mahouse.gov)
• Angelo D’Emilia (Angelo.D’Emilia@mahouse.gov)
• Donald Berthiaume (donald.Berthiaume@mahouse.gov
• Hannah Kane (hannah.Kane@mahouse.gov)
• James Kelcourse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• David Muradian (david.Muradian@mahouse.gov)
• Timothy Whalen (timothy.Whelan@mahouse.gov)
If you can, please BCC email@example.com so we know what you sent!