The Massachusetts Alliance Against Predatory Lending (MAAPL) has launched its first online fundraising campaign to fight foreclosures throughout Massachusetts and take back our homes! Visit http://igg.me/at/MAAPL to learn more.
As with passing or stopping legislation, it’s the hundreds of calls or hundreds of clicks that mean SUCCESS. Whatever amount you give – big or small – your contribution will help put this fundraising campaign over the top. Unlike other forms of fundraising, online campaigns rely on the hundreds of $5 or $10 contributions that REALLY add up! Of course, feel free to make us proud with a $100 donation – or even $2,000 to get a gorgeous handmade lap-quilt as a thank-you for your gift!
• September 2014’s foreclosure activity was UP 68% over last year.
• Together all of us accomplished the unheard of task of stopping an industry sweetheart bill that was fast-tracked “behind closed doors” – we STOPPED THE SLASHING of hundreds-year-old homeowner rights to one year to sue to regain your home!
• We have legal challenges to the foundations of the Securitized Trusts, MERS, Freddie, Fannie, and more in the pipeline!
• Under the leadership of our members of color, we are reaching out to connect with hundreds of previously wronged homeowners to bring them back into the fight…
And in the next 3 weeks before Christmas, we will contact hundreds of Massachusetts homeowners facing an auction once we hit our first $3,000! Your generous gift will make that possible.
With your financial support of our fundraising campaign on Indiegogo, MAAPL and its homeowner-members will:
• Stop future foreclosures and their destruction of families and communities;
• Contact the thousands of illegally foreclosed homeowners who don’t yet know their rights, give them the legal and organizational support to keep or regain their homes, or to win just compensation for their loss; and
• Bring home the billions of dollars in wealth that the banks’ greedy foreclosures stripped from our communities and local economies.
But we need your participation and support to stop the predatory practices of the big banks and prevent thousands of needless foreclosures in Massachusetts.
Learn more, make your contribution, and get some great perks at our Indiegogo campaign page today! Visit http://igg.me/at/MAAPL now to support our work.