NOTE: More clinics are planned throughout December—please check this post frequently for additional clinic dates and locations!
The Mass. Alliance Against Predatory Lending (MAAPL) is hosting a series of free legal clinics across Massachusetts in December for homeowners who were foreclosed in 2014 or earlier. These clinics will help homeowners to complete the paperwork necessary to file an affidavit with the Registry of Deeds and understand the recording process. Homeowners who are facing foreclosure are also welcome to attend.
Foreclosed homeowners face a deadline on Friday, December 30th, 2016 to file paperwork to preserve their right to regain their home, so please help spread the word by sharing this post so more homeowners can take advantage of these clinics!
The following clinics have been scheduled:
- Thursday, December 15th, 2:00-5:00 pm – Worcester Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
HSI Trust, 70 James St., Worcester, MA
- Saturday, December 17th, 10:30 am-12:30 pm – Plymouth Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Plymouth Public Library, 132 South St. Plymouth, MA
- Monday, December 19th, 2:00-5:00 pm – Greenfield Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Rep. Paul Mark’s office, Greenfield Community College, 270 Main St., Greenfield, MA
- Tuesday, December 20th, 5:30-7:30 pm – Athol Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Athol Public Library, 568 Main Street, Athol, MA
- Thursday, December 22, 5:00-7:30 pm – Springfield Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Spring of Hope Church, 35 Alden St. Springfield, MA
- Tuesday, December 27th, 9:30 am-12:00 noon – Lowell Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
WUMB Studio, 1 University Ave, Lowell, MA
- Tuesday, December 27th, 2:00-5:00 pm – Roxbury Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Thelma D. Burns Building, 575 Warren Street, Roxbury, MA
- Tuesday, December 27th, 5:00-9:00 pm – Somerville Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Somerville Public Library, 79 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA
- Wednesday, December 28th, 5:00-9:00 pm – New Bedford Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Coalition for Social Justice, 105 Williams St. New Bedford, MA
- Thursday, December 29th, 5:00-8:00 pm – Lynn Anti-Foreclosure Clinic
Lynn Public Library, 5 North Common Street, Lynn, MA
Attendees are encouraged to RSVP at email@example.com. Please check back for additional information on translation services for non-English speakers at each clinic. This information will be added to each clinic listing as it becomes available.
Additional clinics will be posted here as they are scheduled, so please bookmark this post and keep checking back for updated information. For more information, and to offer help in reaching more foreclosed homeowners, contact Grace Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.