MAAPL Call-In NOW! Tuesday, June 22
(Keep calling until June 25th)
The CDC must extend the national Eviction Moratorium!
Your voice gets results—CALL NOW!
Call the CDC — and your Congressional Representative & US Senators! Ask them to extend the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium.
Here’s what you do:
Call* and leave the message below with the CDC, Senator Warren, Senator Markey
and your Congressional Representative (See below for their numbers):
“Hello, my name is . I live in [name of your town].
Don’t let the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium order expire. It must continue until all danger of spreading COVID is past. A deluge of evictions is scheduled across the country. Massachusetts and the US are not ready for the dangers created by the predictable and big increase in homelessness and doubling-up of housing.
As my elected legislator, I am asking you to both contact the CDC and support
emergency legislation to:
- Extend the federal Eviction Moratorium until end of September (as Fannie Mae
and Freddie Mac have);
- Ensure any new Moratorium covers all evictions (except where someone is
endangering another person);
- Define Residential Housing inclusively as all “Housing where a person lives.”
Here is my email address: _____________. Please keep me updated on your fight
for this Eviction Moratorium extension and against foreclosures.
* We are including email addresses – calls are more powerful but you can do both.
When you have finished the call, e-mail Grace Ross, MAAPL coordinator at email@example.com. Tell her
whom you called and that you asked them to extend the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium and get in the crucial language.
If you don’t know who your Congressional Representatives is, go to WhereDoIVoteMA.com. Type in your address. It will tell you who that person is.
Washington, DC Office Numbers:
CDC (Center for Disease Control):
1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) or email CDC-INFO
Call both your Massachusetts Senators:
- Senator Elizabeth Warren: (202) 224-4543
- Senator Edward Markey: (202)224-2742
Call your own Congressional Representative:
(Don’t know yours? Go to www.WhereDoIVoteMA.com)
- Representative Richard Neal: (202) 225-5601
- Representative James McGovern: (202) 225-6101
- Representative Lori Trahan: (202) 225-3411
- Representative Jake Auchincloss: (202) 225-5931
- Representative Katherine Clark: (202) 225-2836
- Representative Seth Moulton: (202) 225-8020
- Representative Ayanna Pressley: (202) 225-5111
- Representative Steven Lynch: (202) 225-8273
- Representative Bill Keating: (202) 225-3111