PLEASE REPOST EVERYWHERE!
Massachusetts Alliance Against Predatory Lending
MAAPL: 3 Calls NOW! Monday, April 7th
Massachusetts Senate must Correct AND Pass the Emergency Moratorium on Foreclosures and Evictions Bill
Your voice gets results! Call your state Senator TODAY! Ask them to get critical changes into the Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium bill.
When the Massachusetts House of Representatives passed its own bill late last week, it deleted crucial enforcement language, misrepresented whom you pay the mortgage to, and allowed too broad exemptions from eviction stoppage.
We all know just how “creative” the Financial Industry gets when they want to take our homes away. Don’t leave them any loopholes. Ask your Senator to make critical changes and vote to protect our homes NOW!
Here’s what you do:
1. If you don’t know who your state Senator is, go to WhereDoIVotema.com. Type in your address. It will tell you who your elected officials are and their phone numbers. Make a note of your state Senator’s name and phone number, then call their office.
2. What do I say? [Leave a message if no one answers the phone]:
“Hello, my name is _________. I live in [name of your town].
“Please make critical changes to the Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium legislation and then pass it as quick as possible!
“Your Senate bill must:
- Include Enforcement of Stoppage of Foreclosures and Evictions;
- Correct too Broad exemptions and Process for Collecting on a Note;
- Stop every step of the state’s non-judicial foreclosure process;
- Provide for Notification of Authorities at each of those steps.
“For details, see the email correspondence the Massachusetts Alliance Against Predatory Lending sent you.
“Please, as my Senator, will you protect our homes during this COVID-19 emergency?
3. Please also call:
- the Senate President’s Office, President Spilka, (617) 722-1640
- the Senate Ways & Means Committee Chair, Senator Rodrigues (617) 722-1114
with the same message.
When you have finished the call, e-mail Grace Ross, MAAPL coordinator. Tell her who your Senator is and that you asked them to get crucial foreclosure protections in the Senate Moratorium bill: firstname.lastname@example.org