In Massachusetts, foreclosures are running at a rate of roughly 500 a month—the foreclosure crisis is far from over!
On Tuesday, September 26th, the Legislature’s Judiciary Committee heard testimony on five MAAPL anti-foreclosure and related bills to combat the rampant, illegal foreclosures devastating our communities. Phone calls made the difference to getting ground-breaking foreclosure legislation in the past: Let’s do it again!
Call your state Senator & Representative today: Ask them to back these bills!
For more information on the bills, check out the post announcing the 9/26/17 hearing.
Use the simple phone script below:
“Hi! My name is ________. I live in ______. Foreclosures are running at a rate of 500 per month in Massachusetts and devastating my community.
I want my Senator/Representative to tell the Judiciary Committee Chairs they support the following bills:
- S903/H3059: Foreclosure Review Division of Superior Court (Sets up special court to review foreclosures)
- S884/H1115: Municipal Powers (Clarifies that cities and towns can pass local foreclosure laws)
- S841/H956: Preventing Unnecessary Vacancies (Gives homeowners the right to rent post-foreclosure)
- H3500: Real Estate Title Protection (Re-establishes and cleans up local Registry of Deeds filings)
- S763/H2349: Judicial Foreclosure (Requires solid, Judicial foreclosure process in MA)
Don’t know who your state Representative and Senator are? Go to www.WhereDoIVote.com, put in your address and scroll down to view your state legislators (not Warren or Markey). Click on their names to see their contact info.